Tuesday, February 15, 2011

collection

I took some constructive flack from my dear friend and neighbor Francis over what I've said about Robert and his gun collection.  First you should know that it's always a pleasure to read Francis because his mind and his French are so strong and clear and beautiful.  First, it horrified Francis that Robert had not one gun but a whole arsenal including an assault rifle.  But then he was indignant at my mitigating explanation that Robert is a compulsive collector of tools including chainsaws.  He stated the obvious that chainsaws and guns have utterly different purposes and that in a sense the premeditation for the eventual murder started the day that Robert bought the guns.  Well I believe Francis is right and it shows me how jaded I am from knowing so many gun nuts in the US.


collectors' items